Monday, May 13, 2013

What are these fibers in my Mascara?

Okay so what's the deal!?! If you can't apply fake lashes by yourself but really need a boost... Your screwed right?

WRONG! Appearing I believe first in 2012 (Correct me if I'm wrong!!), a new type of mascara hit the market for consumer use. Fiber formula mascaras. I'm finding them very slow to make it to each brand and with not very much publicity either. But none the less, I'm in love with #Rimmel London's Lash Accelerator with Lash Complex.

I use to always wear waterproof mascaras and this of course took a real toll on my lashes for a long time. Once I started realizing the damage waterproof was causing I slowly forced myself to switch back to normal mascara in order to keep the lashes I still had. Over the next couple years my lashes healed and grew back but ill never risk that one again.

Another problem I have with my lashes is from the root to the middle is a very light black, while the other half toward the tip is blonde! As you can imagine it barely looks like I have eyelashes without Mascara on and even with mascara I just find that I have rather short eyelashes.

This newer type mascara is great because it actually has little fibers in the formulas and when you are coating your lashes these fibers grab on to more or less the ends of your lashes, extending them while looking completely natural other than the actually blackness and thickness of the mascara, giving you that very full, celebrity natural fake eyelash look without any extra steps in the morning, none to very mild maintenance during the day depending on how much you touch your eyes or lashes and this product is a peg wall product and will run your little wallet about $9.99 at your local Shoppers Drug Mart. Personally I think that's a great price for what this Mascara does to your eyes...


Before
After
On a couple other blogs I've scrolled through, I noticed that other girls were talking 

about fibers in eyes through out the day. Well just so you know they were mostly talking about Mayballine Illegal Length, I myself have never used this product, just passing on the info. Personally I think all fiber mascaras could potential have this problem if you play with your eyes or sleep with it on allowing the mascara to weaken and the fibers to fall off. However I don't notice any fibers just falling off throughout the day unless I have itchy eyes or am sleepy because I'm touchy my lash line more often so careful.


Just for the record, peg wall product just means that the price point is around $8-20.

In the near future I'll be posting an article about proper and perfect application and maintenance of your fiber mascaras, I may or may not include regular mascaras as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment